There was no uniform training programme for people going into management in each state.
New and potential managers now undertake LMA’s Effective Supervisory Management (now known as Leading and Managing for Results) programme.
Toll Express has a professional national standard for people management and a defined training path for managers.
At a macro level Neil Pollington, General Manager for Toll Express cites the benefits as:
- A national professional standard for people management
- State managers are more effective
- Improved communication between business units
- A defined training path to retain and develop potential managers
- Improved customer communications
At state level, Toll Express NSW State Manager Jamie Primmer reflects, “As a mentor to some of the 12 who graduated from the LMA course, I and my team gained a raft of new people and management skills. I’ve seen a previously introverted manager transformed into an extrovert and active team player. They each now see the bigger picture and the impact of what they do at work on others in the business.”